I began drawing and painting at an early age, and also fell for photography when I got my first camera at age 12. Art has been with me in one form or another. The need to express my creative side has been a life-long endeavor and a journey of self-discovery. At some point, watercolor slipped into my life, changing it forever. I fell for the fluidity, sparkle, and transparency of the medium, which like photography allows me to celebrate the excitement of light and color in my work.
Both painting and photography provide meditation for me. They are a way to express my feelings, and a way to be in the moment. They both connect to my soul and through them I pass on to others a small piece of my heart.
I intend to paint and make photographs for the rest of my life!
- Watercolor Society of Oregon – First place Award.
- Watercolor Society of Oregon – Numerous Awards of Distinction
- Watercolor Society of Oregon – Fifth Place Award
- Northwest Watercolor Society, Waterworks Exhibition – Holbein Award
- Watercolor Society of Oregon – Bronze Award
- International Exhibit of iPhoneography – People’s Choice Award
- Portals: Gateway to the World – Honorable Mention
- Bachelor of Arts, Washington State University
- Graduate Study, University of Washington and Oregon State University
- Influential Mentors: Judy Morris, Jan Kunz, LaVonne Tarbox-Crone and Bev Jozwiak.
- Studio Watercolor Classes and workshops, adults and young adults, 1999 to present.
- Linn-Benton Community College, “Creative Watercolor,” Spring 2000.
- Philomath and Corvallis Schools Enrichment Programs; 1998, 1999.
- Watercolor Society of Oregon
- Northwest Watercolor Society, Signature Member
- Vista and Vineyards, ‘plein air painters’
- Corvallis Art Guild
- Mid-Willamette Valley PhotoArts Guild
- KGAL radio – Interview focusing on upcoming local art event
- Interviewed on the Betty Snowden TelevisionShow; a talk/variety program with the discussion focusing on art and watercolor art.
- “Principles of Archeology 1/e” by Price: illustration for McGraw Hill, Higher Education, 2006
- WATERCOLOR, “American Artist” Magazine, Spring 2005
- “Hands in Clay” by Steight; illustrations for McGrawHill Higher Education, 2003
- “Teaching for Confidence and Creativity” WATERMARKS, a Watercolor Publication of the Watercolor Society of Oregon, Jan. 2002